Thomas Hawk posted an update on Carlos Miller that links to this Category305 article. The update is interesting, but this should chill you right to the bone. Right. to. the.…Read more
George Bush is on one of his biggest propaganda campaign tours yet after his declaration last week that he would proceed with “the surge” of troops into Iraq. He might…Read more
Selective Service to test the draft, but: Meanwhile, the secretary for Veterans Affairs said that “society would benefit” if the U.S. were to bring back the draft and that it…Read more
There was a mock election yesterday for California students, 7-12th grades. The preliminary returns worry me, particularly those related to the ballot initiatives. I am working on a larger post on these, but in the interim, some food for thought:
- Prop 83: Sex Offenders is not what it seems. SAY NO!
- California Voter Pamphlet: Follow the money and the support. Do people ever read these?
I’m very curious to know what the students were given to evaluate their choices before voting? Was it based on TV ads or other printed material?
This article by Jerome Yoman was in our local paper today (one-time free registration is required to read it) and I thought it was great. I’m going to give the bullet points here, but it’s worth reading in its entirety:
- Inform yourself beyond the spin doctors and partisan pundits
- Stand up for the ideals this country was founded on.
- Resist totalitarianism.
- Strengthen government as the voice of the people.
- Speak out for separation of church and state
- Hold government officials accountable morally, not just fiscally.
- Vote. Just do it. Register today. Monday is the last day for Californians to register. If you’re not registered, go do it.